March 16, 2011

Ragtime Mario! and OHMYGOODNESS MOTHER 3.

Eh... This assignment didn't turn out as well as I'd had liked, but I've gotta stop working on it and work on other assignments. I've definitely taken a big chance with the kid's and old dude's concept, so I hope both of them don't look too out-of-place. ;; I really wanted to tell some sort of story for this character.
I can't wait to see what everyone else has drawn~. They're probably ten times better than this thing.


This man is amazing!! He is a professional ragtime pianist, he takes simple music that he has never heard before (like Mario music, in this case) and plays them 'blindfolded', all the while embellishing on it! It's a remarkable and beautiful skill. I prefer these kinds of musicians, who play on the go and are pretty darn creative in their own right, far more than the ones who just memorize songs.


In unrelated news, OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG MOTHER 3 SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME BOX EDITION ARRIVED IN THE MAIL.
I was scrapping a lot of pocket money for this thing... And will start doing art commissions to pay for the rest of the bill eventually. But holy **** was it worth it.
Looks like I won't be getting a Nintendo 3DS anytime soon.

 












Haha, when I popped in the game, there were already two saved files that were close to the last boss... It was really tempting to play through them for the climactic ending.
But holy cripes, my weekends will be fun again from now on. <3 Mother is probably my most favorite RPG series next to Chrono Trigger, Mario RPG, Tales of Abyss and Xenogears. (does Zelda count as an RPG game, I wonder?)

No comments:

Post a Comment